- Conduct a detailed audit of the existing processes and practices within the Consortium HEIs on the engagement of practitioner tutors in development and delivery of flexible upskilling and professional education programmes for work-based learners.
- Develop recommendations for improvements of this engagement with the key stakeholders in professional education
- Analysis of international best practices on the engagement of external practitioners by HEIs.
- Course Directors’ report developed detailing key recommendations for best practices in practitioner tutor engagement, based on the combined discussions with key professional education personnel from the three partner HEIs.
- Practitioner Tutors’ report produced, detailing key recommendations for best practices in practitioner tutor engagement, based on the combined discussions with practitioner tutors from the three partner HEIs.
- Comprehensive literature review completed on international experiences and recommended practices in the work of practitioner tutors and a discussion paper was produced.
- Literature review included comprehensive review of existing international frameworks that were considered relevant to the REAP project objectives. Frameworks were documented and analysed in the REAP literature discussion paper.
- International Practices: completed review and report of practices and experiences of practitioner tutor engagement in four UK HEI’s. This was based on site visits to, and discussions with Continuing and Professional Education management in the four UK HEIs.
Contact Ann.Ledwith@ul.ie for further information.